The cat is back again. What should I do?

A few days ago, I asked a question about feeding a cat and I found its owner. http://www.cafemom.com/answers/431750/Should_I_have_not_feed_the_cat

Well, the cat is back again, and this time his poor ear looked like something had gotten ahold of it. We live in condos and our rules for pets are that they must be kept inside and can only be outside with the owner if they have a leash on. I took the cat back to the owner again and this time, I noticed that the cat's food and water bowls were outside. So, when she told me that the cat got loose was a lie. This cat is not being kept inside. I am really worried that this cat is going to be ran over because there is a high traffic volume or that it is going to be attack again. I have already informed the condo association and they are aware of the situation, but they said there is not much they can do. Should I just keep taking the cat back every time it comes over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Pets

• If you can keep him or find him a new home, then that is what I would do. She doesn't sound like a responsible owner, and for his sake he needs someone who wants him around to love.
    jojuzach

Answer by jojuzach at 9:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• call the humane society to come pick him up. She'll either get a clue when she has topay to come get him,or he'll find a new owner who will love him right

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• i would call the shelter or just take it down there
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I looked into that Butterflyblue19, but our local Human Society has limited space and they only rescue the healthy ones from the pound.
    Anonymous

• PP is right.
    ASPCA: The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals can give you advice on what to do.

"Should I just keep taking the cat back every time it comes over? "

You're going to have to do it.
    Anonymous

• Take it to an animal shelter if the owners aren't going to be responsible for it.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Don't take him to a shelter. Even the "no kill" ones still kill. Can you keep him? Or put him up for adoption on craigslist or something?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• i would just keep taking the cat back until they realize that your not going to stop dropping by. or if you could get the nerve up just say to them that they need to keep the cat inside as per association rules. at which point they will rehome the cat themselves if you can't ake him in. poor cat.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• keep it or keep it tell you find it a better home
    Manda_Evans

Answer by Manda_Evans at 2:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• i would take the cat to the shelter...
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2010