What do you think of RPing games?

My husband loves to play them.. He stays up all night and plays them the whole weekend if he gets the chance.. What is your opinion of them?

febmom007

Asked by febmom007 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Do you mean... video games? Or... role playing in the sack?
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• like RPG video games? i like them personaly. lol i'm kinda nerdy.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I think that they are a good escape from reality. I play them occasionally and so does my husband. However, it is very easy to lose track of time on them. It is best to set guidelines for yourself when playing them. If your husband's play time is becoming an issue in your marriage, then it is past time to talk to him about it. Let him know that he does need some down time but he also needs to spend time with his family as well. Talk together and come up with a solution together. Good Luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• RPing as in role playing.. Shadownrun, Dungeons and Dragons. that kind of stuff.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• "RPing as in role playing.. Shadownrun, Dungeons and Dragons. that kind of stuff."

I like them a lot. Hubby and I met because of them.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• lol he has been trying to get me to play them.. he keeps nagging me.. I despise them sooo much.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• The only role playing we do is me Xena Princess Warrior and him as the Last Irish King...naked.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Gotcha. My DH is a lot more into them than I am. We do play games together often, but mainly they're FPS or Co-ops.. like COD: MW2, Resistance, MAG, Bad Company, etc, etc, etc.
    I never really was a gamer, and I'm still not, I'm really picky in the games that I play... but DH is a huge fan of them. I'm okay with him playing games in general, as long as he remembers that he does have a family and if I want to go somewhere as a family, get errands done, etc... the game goes off. He's been really good about that, but it was a battle to get there. :]
    I blame the Army and bachelorhood.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• to PP.. that is pretty funny, but that's not the kind of RPing I'm talking about.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Nope, don't play them at all. I don't play any games. I really hate computer games and role playing would be a huge waste of my time. I can't imagine spending that much time in front of a computer,.ughh. It is maybe a half hour a day of checking e-mails and catching up on the national and world news on my home page--Yahoo. Then it is OUT and about and participating in REAL life. :-)
    Anonymous