How old were your kids when u put them in their toddler beds,and then moved them to a regular bed?

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 9:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Never bothered with toddler beds, I think they are a waste of money. With both my kids, I already had a set of twin beds in their respective rooms before they were even born (just lucked out that way.) With my son, I ended up having to rush him a little because I wanted to put the crib up and out of sight for a few months before the new baby. He was two. With the girl-child, I had her in the big girl bed the second time she bailed from the crib and landed on her head. She was about 15 months old. Both kids had good bed rails and baby-proofed rooms. We also made a big deal about shopping for new sheets for the occasion and big-kid pajamas.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 10:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• a friend of ours gave us her sons toddler bed (he never used it & we put williams matress it in) because william @ 10 months was climbing out of his crib. He does fine in a toddler bed.
    marinesweetie

Answer by marinesweetie at 10:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• #1 got a toddler bed from a friend when she was 2. She used that until she was 6 (she's small for her age) and we could afford something else. She now has a junior bed from ikea (slightly longer but narrower then a toddler bed).
    #2 went straight to a twin mattress on the floor when he was 20 months
    #3 used the crib until she was 2 1/2 then we turned it into a toddler bed. She used that until she was 4 and got the same kind of bed as her sister
    #4 slept in the pack n play until she was 23 months and then got a junior bed like her older sisters.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• between about 18 months and 2 years we put her in a day bed.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Both of mine moved into regular beds just before they turned 2. I never saw the point in buying toddler beds, since kids grow so fast, you would just have to turn around and buy them a new bed in a couple years again anyways.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Toddler bed from craigslist and his crib mattress at 2 years. He was sleeping on just a mattress for awhile. He also started climbing out of the crib at about 11 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• We never did a toddler bed, just moved them straight to twin/full beds at around 2 or a few months past.

Answer by missanc at 7:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My oldest went into a toddler bed at 16 mths then a regular bed at around 3.
    My other two were 2 and a year when we took them from the crib.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My DD was 9months old and in a toddler bed...Then by the time she was 18-24months old she was in a regular twin size bed.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2010