Can a 4 to 5 month pregnant woman go jogging?

Today me and my family went walking at our local park and I noticed this young lady (28) I guess. She wasn't jogging hard but enough to make the baby jiggle. I don't know about her but I wouldn't want to take that chance.

Unless she is fit...IDK... HMM? Would that make a difference?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it would be okay as long as you weren't over doing it.
    Anonymous

• if you jogged before there is no reason to stop.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Just because one is pregnant doesn't mean they have to be in a bubble.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• sounds like a bad idea. I was cautioned about bike riding. i think its more the chance of falling at a higher than normal speed. You fall wrong,and it can do some damage.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• My doc. always told me that I could continue doing my usual activities for as long as I was comfortable doing them, you'll know when you need to slow down or stop all together. Just be careful. ; )
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Don't see why not if she was used to jogging and it wasn't uncomfortable for her. She's pregnant, not disabled. Women used to work in the fields doing back breaking labor until they went into labor. Now we wrap them in bubble wrap and tell them not to do anything strenuous.
    Although, I like to play up the slightly disabled angle with my husband, lol. Anything to get out of lifting crap, taking the trash out and carrying groceries.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• i still jog, run, lift weights, and do cardio and i'm almost full term (8 1/2 months) and had no false labor or any complications. if you could do it before you were pregnant you don't need to sacrifice after getting pregnant
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• nope, especially if she did it before pregnancy- is actually best to continue your normal routine and not let your body go to sh!t. Makes recovery a lot harder when women are not fit.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• *nope, not a bad idea (or dangerous)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Like others have said, whatever you did pre-pregnancy you can continue during pregnancy. Now, if you were a couch potato pre-pregnancy, after you get pregnant is a bad time to start training for a long distance race or something, but if you jogged before you can jog during. Also, keep in mind, you can't jiggle the baby. The amniotic fluid protects the fetus from jarring. He may feel the movement, but it isn't like he will just be bouncing around in there.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 12:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2010