Making Friends

I feel so dumb even asking this question, but I really am out of options. I live in the middle of no where. My hubby has me essentially on house arrest while he goes gallavanting across the countryside. I don't "work" at a normal job where I can meet people. I don't facebook or myspace cuz they hubby pretty much thinks the only reason to have them is to "hook up" with the opposite sex, so not an option there. However it's Friday night and I'm 25 with no kids.....where do you find friends???

Pumelo

Asked by Pumelo at 10:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• try this website called meetup.com it has different groups of people with all sort of activities. try it
    Anonymous

• Church, and facebook to be honest...lol
    It kinda sounds like your marriage is suffocating you? I hope I don't offend you...but that seems a little unfair to be stuck at home most of the time!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• yeah church isn't an option, and no worries about offending me :) I'm pretty tough, but you are right it's very suffocating. My DH is actually very selfish, but that's a whole new thread ;)
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 10:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• i posted an ad on craigslist asking if anybody wanted a riding partner and now i think we're on our way to a beautiful freindship. what do you like to do for fun?
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Tell hub bub to get over it and join all the online groups you can. Since when does he have to know everything you do? Im on over 15 different sites but to tell you the truth, Cafemom and Experience Project are the best sites I know of to just hang out and talk to people. There is always something going on. As for FB and MS... I'm on there too. Stop letting your invisible husband tell you what to do when you're alone. Step it up girl... make some friends and stimulate your restless mind. :)
    Anonymous

• Doesn't seem like this is a healthy relationship. I hope he is not abusive. You desrve more from a maariage. Please don't stay in this relationship if this is how you will be treated. And please practice reliable birth control.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:25 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• oh yes, birth control is a definite right now. the marraige has been really rocky. One of those, things were great until the vows exchanged...strange. Either way. I appreciate all the thoughts! I did try the meetup site. I think I will have to start my own group. I guess I'm more in nowhereville than I thought. LOL. As far as him knowing everything I have to do, he doesn't, however my SIL took it upon herself to point out my facebook to him the day of our wedding (eventhough it didn't even have ONE pic of me, just my DH, dog, and our work stuff) She told him all this stuff was on it solictiing to guys...which in fact it wasn't even close. It was quite the opposite. Anyway, he didn't believe me and it was a disaster. WHen I showed him the site...he thought I had rapidly changed it.....anyway...my husbands control issues are for another post ;)
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 1:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Oh and what i do for fun? Pretty much anything. I love life in generally and just enjoy a little of it all. Hiking, riding, reading, writing, cooking, cars, plants, whatever....
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 1:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2010