Boys names for girls?

I really like the name Masin for a girl, but DH says its too much of a boys name. I want to name our daughter Masin Deanna Karin but he hates it. What do you think? Is it Masin too much of a boys name?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think its cute. I went to school with a Mikel (Michael), Evan, and Cory and they were girls.
    mommyerin02

Answer by mommyerin02 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• no, i think it's cute for a girl. you could go with something close, like masalin.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Mason is a boys name. Masin seems made up to me, but idk maybe it's on a baby name list now for girls. Either way it doesn't matter. If your husband "hates" it then you shouldn't name her that. This little girl belongs to both of you and you should choose a name together that you both like.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I feel like it is a boys name. But my DD is 13 and has a girl named Connor at her school. Different names are normal where we live.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• honestly I'm not in favor of it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I looked it up on a few baby names sites and didn't find "Masin." I did find Mason and most list it as a boy's name only but some of the more modern baby name sites have it as a unisex name. I still say if your husband hates it you need to find a name together that you both like.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• You could do: Madalena
    Madalyn
    Maddie
    Maddison
    Masie
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Go for it. My name is Ryan and my sister is Dillan..BUT please spell the correct way lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I spelled it "Masin" instead of "Mason" because I wanted to take the "son" part out of the name.
    Anonymous

• not of a fan of it but you have to respect your husbands wishes. so really why ask. if he hates it concentrate on finding another name. we didn't have a name for our baby girl who is now just over 7 months. when she was born one of the many names stood out to my husband and i said ok and it truly does fit her. if you really wanted to use the name see if he would agree to use it as a middle name. how about cambrie masin karin? i can't name mine that cause my sil named her daughter that so i'll pass it along to you. i think it's unique and so cute. you could just call her cam or brie for short. good luck.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2010