Mothers: What are you involved in for yourself?

For example....you may be on the PTA at your children's school, or a sports mom trucking her kids around to soccer and softball....
What are you involved in though, besides your children's activities, that you do for JUST YOURSELF. It could be dinner groups, you are on your own women's softball team......What do you do? I need some ideas!

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I love to read. Thats me.me.me.... (but i also read alot of parenting books too, cant help it!)
    I scrapbook, but its mainly something I enjoy-but do for my dd..
    Ive tried to learn to crochet/knit/sew (machine) havent been able to "get it" yet ...

me & justanotherjen would get along good! lol... Im kinda the loner type as well.. but not because I want to be, but because im to damn shy & always come off as wrong...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I'm in no way trying to belittle the importance of dedicating your lives to your children and supporting them....but I just want to know what other moms out there do for themselves, alone, without kids?
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I am involved in nothing.
    I'd like to see the other answers too!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• i go horse back riding with my new friend. it's just us time enjoying something we love to do.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I joined the gym .. and a few times a week I let my mom babysit and then I got for an hour to the gym and workout. It makes me feel good about myself and relieves a lot of stress from everyday life.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I didn't do anything for myself...and I mean NOTHING everything was for my baby or dh. I didn't have and hobbies and never went anywhere (even grocery shopping) alone. I finally realized I was going to go crazy so I tried to find a few things that I like....I love to scrapbook, (I have always loved pictures so have tons) I also love to make DVD slide shows with pictures and music. I also sometimes go out alone even if its just to go get a coffee with my sister or something. I don't have much I do for myself or by myself but those are the few things that keep me sane! :)

Anonymous

• I am in a Precept Upon Precept class @ church. We meet once a week from 10-12:30 to study a lesson (just finished the first part of Romans, will do the 2nd part after the summer when kids go back to school.

LOVE it !

I also take our dog for walks in the park or behind our house (wooded area)....just me and her...thinking and enjoying nature :)

And every once in a while I do lunch w/ a girlfriend.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 11:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Quilting. Sewing. Mostly it is not about me. I do charity quilts and quilts for other people that I love and want a way to express my undying love to them.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I go to Jazzercise. The kids can't go. It's just me and a bunch of other women, shakin' it, for an hour. I haven't lost any weight, but I feel stronger and it's nice to have an hour just for myself, a few times a week.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I joined a roller derby league, but couldn't continue because practices were from 8pm-10pm and I couldn't keep my children up that late with school in the morning:( I really liked the few practices I went to though.

Now I don't do anything for myself, but am thinking about getting a gym pass this fall! I will just bring my daughter to the daycare there and get some time to myself. I think the break will be good for the both of us:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2010