I think that its very inappropriate to tell my son that he should be able to go 'play with himself' or 'tug on himself' in private.. like his bedroom... what the heck??!!

People have said that I should tell my son that 'you only do that in your bedroom, or in private' when he pulls/tugs/plays with his little pee pee. He doesn't even know what he's doing!!!!!! Isn't that uncalled for?? Or am I old fashioned!??!!

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son plays with himself. I think most boys do b/c it feels good. But I'm training him from now that it is not appropriate at all. It is to go pee-pee and after you're married we'll talk about the other use. LOL!

Answer by handsomebabyj at 9:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• That's definately not how I react to my boys! I tell them that it's not appropriate.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• You don't want to condone it, but you really don't want to make him feel shameful about what he's doing. If you tell him it's bad or dirty, he's going to have issues later in life. It's natural. He's discovering his body. I would think that most toddlers do it at some point.

Answer by lovinmystar at 9:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2008