Do you know any "cutters"?

What do you think of someone who cuts? I have not cut for a year and Im determined not to. I have some good friends who know but have never understood..

judith106

Asked by judith106 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Health

• I don't know anybody who cuts.
    I'm happy for you that you haven't cut for over a year! I don't understand it and I hope I never do.
    I wish you the best!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• my sister does and i've never understood. she is bipolor/schiz ...shes even allowed boyfriends to cut her. I really don't get it. She also picks at her cuts after they heal. She will pick the scabs
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I work with a girl that cuts. She always tries to wear long sleeves to cover her cuts and scars. I feel sorry for her..she seems sad :(

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I'm a cutter as well. I haven't done it since February but I struggle with it every day.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• My sister used to. I've never understood it beyond causing physical pain to distract from the mental/emotional pain? right? tell me if i'm wrong. When I think of someone that cuts, i'm really sad for them....and wish there were something I could do. :(
    I'm glad you've been able to stop cutting! *huge hugs*
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• yes...me...well used too, def understand! its hard to quit after u done it for so long, leaves nasty scars too, got so bad that i lost feeling in my wright wrist, but it was like a high for me like a release of pain! i havent done it for 18mos so i know how u feel my dear
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• None that I know of. I know people who cute are in a lot of pain that they have not been able to express. They feel a short lived release by cutting. It's wonderful that you aren't cutting anymore!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 12:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I meant "people who cut" not "people who cute" Sorry.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 12:03 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• CAGirl4...you are not wrong
    judith106

Answer by judith106 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• It's not neccessarily trying to distract yourself. I mean I'm sure it's that way for some but not me. It was more of a way to express my feelings. I desperately wanted people to listen to me and just know I wasn't happy. Like I couldn't tell people how I really was so I tried to say it that way. Now when I have the urge to do it it's more on impulse than anything. I did it for six years and everytime I'm upset I feel the need to do it. Yeah, it makes me not upset anymore but I feel like shit afterwards.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2010