Has anyone lost a sibling?

I lost my brother 3 years ago...

judith106

Asked by judith106 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• yes. does it get better sometimes I wonder
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• yea when i was younger my brother died at 3mos of sids, im sorry u lost ur brother
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• No, but I am close to someone that has. It seems worse than losing a parent in the situation I am referring to.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 12:29 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I lost my brother five years ago. *hugs* I'm sorry for your loss.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• does losing him to heroin and other drugs count, even if he is technically still alive? I am so sorry for your loss(hugs) there are alot of groups here that deal with loss and grief, look them up and maybe you can find some support. keep reaching out. I did lose my best friend, my mother, 4 yrs ago and it is the hardest thing I have ever dealt with. I cant say it gets easier, it gets different, not so sharp. good luck and hang in there.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Anon 1:47....Im wondering too
    judith106

Answer by judith106 at 1:52 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My brother died several years ago. I think of him often and always wish it could be different. Time will make it easier. See a counselor if you have to and lean on your friends who are willing to listen. So sorry for your loss.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:55 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• i lost my brother right after Christmas. He's still alive, he's just cut me, our sister, and his wife out of his life. If he were dead, it would be easier in a way, than knowing he doesn't want to have anything to do with us.

i've never lost a sibling to death. i'm sorry for your pain.
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 1:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My brother and I were seniors in high school when he died. I'm 47 now. Some day I would like to drive by the mile marker on the road where his accident occurred. I think of him now and again and wonder how his life would've turned out. He was into wood working when it happened, so whenever I see woodwork it reminds me of him.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 4:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2010