Is it hard to make friends here on the site?

Hi. I am new here=Name is Allie and I am married also have 1 stepdaughter who is like my own=Was just wondering if you found friends easy or was it hard here on this site?

myhighheels

Asked by myhighheels at 1:31 AM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hi,,this is basically what you just said,,,,"a site" My friends that I have had for over two years now, are in my groups. You can join a step parent group, you can join one of many mommy groups. The world of cm is your oyster. Browse and find a goup or two that feels good for you. I have the best gf,,omg,,,she is one in a million! Met her right here in a group in cm two years ago, I wouldnt no what to do without her. She has no cell phone either, so we can only communicate through cm,,,good luck and enjoy the journey!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• well yes and no...some ladies on here are not very nice, when i was a new comer some were kinda asses to me. some will add u but never talk to u..i know stupid right? But now i have some really awsome freinds u just gotta find the freindly ones...like me! your welcome to add me!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• No, it isn't hard at all! You can use the momfinder, to find moms like you, meaning they have a child the same age as one of yours, or are the same age as you, or something else that is the same. Or, you can find moms NEAR you, and I think there are a couple other ways to find a similarity. The other option is to invite someone in one of your groups, who sounds like someone you might like, or someone on here, whose answers you agree with! But in any case, it seems harder than it really is!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I haven't made any friend on this site. I talk to one of my "friends" on here, but it's once in a blue moon and never anything serious. The rest just sit on my page:( Your experience could be totally different than mine, though. Good luck!!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• it depends on where you live...a rural area you probably won't meet anyone in real life...but you live in a busy area then you can meet a few moms.
    some will be nice enough just long enough to find out stuff about you then move on..but yeah alot will add you then never talk to you as friends on cafemom.
    it really is touch and go and all you can do is make the best of it but for the most part it is more like high school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I haven't met anyone in real life from here, but I have made a lot of great online friends whom I talk to all the time. It's nice being in a small town to be able to meet other moms like me, even if I may never actually get to meet them in person
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 2:13 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I would love to meet people on here (even if they're just CM friends) but most of the people that add me will only talk to me once and then never again. my suggestion is to add people you feel you relate to (via questions or forums) and then talk to them, if they don't respond then delete them and keep looking.

lol now I need to practice what I preach but I'm shy even over the internet.
    Kalebs_mommy23

Answer by Kalebs_mommy23 at 6:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Making friends is easy, anywhere. You just have to be a friend first. GL!

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:24 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• You can search for moms who live near you here: http://www.cafemom.com/search/search.php?reset=1

Answer by rkoloms at 3:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2010