Why am I having this thigh pain?

I'm 31 weeks pregnant and having really bad upper thigh pain by my vagina. I had this pain with my son but like a week before I went into labor. I'm just hoping this is not a sign that I'm going to go into labor Earlie?... any suggestions? I have my appointment in two days but im just curious. thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I use to get what you closely described as round ligament pain. They say it is from your body change to make room for the baby and those pesky hormones as well!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:11 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• i have had similar pain, especially lately (im 36 weeks) and im not sure exactly what it is. when i have round ligament pain, its more along my hips, close the pubic bone. if it continues, bring it up at your next appt.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 2:49 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I read that it is pain from the babys weight pushing on your blood vessels. I've been having the same pain. Its right by your crotch on your thighs right? Or is it ON your crotch? like the top part of your pelvic bone? cuz i've been having pain there.. its really sentive and has been all week (I'm 38 weeks) and I have figured out what that pain is yet.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 3:19 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• when i went into labor with my dd all my contractions were in my thigh nothing in my back or belly it was very stange for what everyone had told me and very hard to walk lol. hopefully its just from the baby pushing down and your hips moving apart 31 weeks is still very early your a week ahead of me =) if you worried call the hospital they will tell you what to do or if they want to see you.
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 4:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2010