Bad smelling burps? (BF)

My newborn's burps are really nasty smelling, kinda like rotten eggs. Is this normal for a BF baby?

renniemom3

Asked by renniemom3 at 4:18 AM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Didn't have that problem w/ mine but every kid's different. Is the baby pooping? Does that smell the same way? How newborn? Their digestive tracts are still developing so maybe that's the smell? Are you sick?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:18 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• bm and wet diapers are up to par, hes under a week old and im not sick. he sleeps and eats just fine and doesnt seem like hes feeling bad at all.
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 7:23 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Since he is BF, I suspect is is something you are eating that is doing that. Not to worry you, since likely this is not the cause, but my baby, when he was about 6 months, developed that, and it turned out to be a tummy virus that we all caught, but I really really don't think that it is a virus in your case.

Answer by Bmat at 12:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2010