Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am terrified for my best friend!! Need advice?!? Please!!!

My best friend has been going through a very stressful period the last month and can't keep food down!!! She lost custody of her daughter about 3 wks ago and has tried to eat but can't even keep water or food down. I have told her it's mind over matter and she loves my cooking, but she's still throwes it up. She lost her daughter over stupid reasons (so long story), but I am scared for her. She has high blood pressure and anxiety problems but won't take her meds. Is there any way I can get through to her. I have tried since I am on similar meds. I am just scared she is going to give herself a heart attack if she doesn't get help.. I haven't heard from her in almost a wk and we went to her work today and she must have called off. I am so scared for her, but don't know what else I can do. Any suggestions would be appreciated....


Asked by jnsdrf at 5:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Health

Level 20 (8,954 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Besides calling & letting her know you're there for her there's nothing more you really can do. She has to be the one to decide she's gonna take her meds & calm down so she can deal w/ the stress.

    Answer by Nyx7 at 7:16 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

  • I agree with the above post. You can really only call and check on her and maybe try to get her to see a Dr.

    Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:34 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

  • There may be a community mental health group that you can call for advice. Where I live there is a mobile response team (for psychiatric purposes) that will go out if someone is going to hurt themselves or others. Call a suicide prevention line....any of these may be able to give you advice. It sounds like she needs med, maybe inpatient treatment.
    Also here, our child protective agency would want to help her. Even if her child was taken away for ANY reason, no one wants to see someone suffer like that.
    Hugs to her and to you for trying to help.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

  • I agree just help as much you can and let her know that you are there for her.

    Answer by mamaofficer at 9:33 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

  • If you believe that she is a danger to herself, she can be involuntarily committed for 48 hours.

    Answer by rkoloms at 3:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2010