what do you do with a horrible husband who doesnt help with anything

hayley2

Asked by hayley2 at 5:11 AM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• throw him out w/ the trash! lol, no seriously I've given up. I tried nagging, asking, crying, getting to my wits end, throwing away his socks (he leaves em all over the house & it drives me CRAZY)! He works 70 hrs a week & has made it clear that he doesn't care how I feel he's not doing ANYTHING (including yard work) around the house. Which is why I spent one weekend moving dirt from one side of the yard to the other by myself for hours in the hot sun (flooding issue). Still pissed off about all the shit he won't do but understand that's just the man I married! He makes up for it in other ways...or @ least that's what I tell myself so I don't smother him to death in his sleep!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:15 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• withhold sex lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• If he truly doesn't, then calmly sit with him and make a list of chores and ask him which he will do. Take into consideration if he goes to work, if he maintains the car or yard and if he does other heavy work or dirty chores. Just because he doesn't wash the dishes, as an example, doesn't mean that he doesn't do a lot to help out.

Answer by Bmat at 6:13 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• You spend his money on other people to do what he won't. Hire yard people, a maid, take his clothes to the cleaners etc.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 7:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Usually I dump all of his crap where he sits so that it isn't all over my house. Otherwise we talk about what is bothering me.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• oh yes i agree with keksie! you pay someone to do it for you! i told mine that since he felt he didnt have to do anything that he was going to pay for everything! lol
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2010