Need some opinions. PLEASE READ.

Yesterday (Friday June 18th) I started to get nervous because I wasn't feeling baby move (I'm19 weeks). Then finally at 11pm, baby makes a definite movement (I work until midnight) and then for the next hour - definite movement. DH and I talk about weather or not going to the doctors, just to check everything out, would be worth it (only because we have a baby-doctor's appointment on Friday the 25th). This morning, I think I can feel baby move - but faintly.
I don't know if I'm over-reacting (this is my first) or if I am justified in my worrying.
Sorry if I left out anything - just let me know. I'll answer questions!

Laurenmommy918

Asked by Laurenmommy918 at 7:25 AM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I didn't start feeling DD until I passed 20 weeks. This early I wouldn't worry that much about if you can feel them, and the kick counts really aren't accurate until a little later. You can try orange juice to see if that does anything, but honestly, the baby is still small and there is a lot of room for it to move without you feeling it. As you get farther along it will be easier to feel the baby move.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Baby sounds ok to me, I know its hard not to worry! The worrying doesn't stop after the babies born either :)

And by the way, in case you dont know, the bigger the baby gets, the less room he has and he will slow down his movement....you shouldnt be at that stage right now, but it will happen, usually.

Also, the baby has times of rest and sleep where he wont move :)

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:30 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Did your doc teach you how to do kick counts? If you call the doc with this concern they will first ask you to do a kick count. And remember even tiny moves count.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 7:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Gosh I keep forgetting things... :)

If you are ever REALLY worried b/c of lack of movement there is a trick to get baby to move....lay on your left side...eat some chocolate and relax.....the chocolate stimulates the baby and laying on your left side is best for babies movement.

It really worked for me everytime. But if it doesnt you get to rest and eat chocolate :) lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I think you should wait until your doctor's appointment, but you could call in and ask if you are too worried. Also you can search on internet, buy a good preganancy book, or go to a bookstore to read about movements of a baby during pregnancy. Remember they have a lot of resting time too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• @ 19 weeks you may not feel them moving around all the time, doesn't mean they aren't. They're still small @ this stage so they have room to flip around w/out hitting anything. Wait till it gets bigger & you can feel every pass while they spin bc they're kicking you in the ribs then the back, then the ribs, then the back lol.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:37 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My doc suggested chugging orange juice and waiting 30 min and then start counting kicks. It sounds like baby is moving, but if you are really concerned call your doc.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I have baby books but they really only talk about changes in the mom's body and what is growing on the baby this week or what to expect. What book should i look for that will tell the movements of the baby? Baby this week is only about 10 1/2 inches and 10 1/2 oz.

Laurenmommy918

Answer by Laurenmommy918 at 7:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• The only thing you can do is count the kicks or movements. You can find that info in What to Expect when your Expecting. Sorry my copy is currently packed b/c we are moving.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:39 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I'd go to the doctor just to be safe. I always found that if I was worrying it was better to go get things checked. good luck And don't feel like you're over reacting. After all it's your baby.
    QuillingDiva

Answer by QuillingDiva at 8:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2010