Beer

How do I cope with my husbands drinking,I know I shouldn't get so agitated but I do,I didnt really have the money to buy him beer yesterday but he begged and would just get all pissy. And then he would rub in the fact that he buys me what I need,I"m like yea but that stuff involves things for the home,kids, or something that doesnt harm me,I don't drink. I'm so tired of living with a man that can't stop drinking. He doesn't do it every day but I know he would if I wasn't in the picture.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Health

• You don't have to COPE with it! Why should you have to accept what is obviously a serious issue? I'd be telling him he needs to get help or we'll be talking separation. I grew up amongst alcoholics and their guilt trips. I can understand your predicament.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• You might have to cope with his drinking but you need to back up and look at what he might be coping with BY drinking? The beer isn't the problem it is the problem that he is masking with the beer....this is a touchy subject and should be handled with care!
    snowflake7575

Answer by snowflake7575 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• yes anon~ He's gotten better but I do want him to quit because its throwing money away and I hate the way he smells and acts.
    Plus he always gives me guilt trips about the things he gets me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• He won't quit cause he says he likes the taste.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• my ex was the same so i understand what you are going through..i finally got tired and left. Do you handle all the money? You could give him an allowance and tell him that is is and when its gone its gone.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• *that is it
    shay1130

• I see drinking as an act of a weak willed individual. We've all had problems in our lives,we don't all get s*itfaced to cover up our feelings! You can try to get him to get to the root of the problem,but keep in mind,this may be just a selfish act on his part. He may just want to drink for drinking sake. Its a habit/addiction. Bring up counseling and see what he says. I've seen way too many people choose drinking over their families. Hopefully yours isn't one of them.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:59 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• No to alcohol, it is his drug of choice and I wouldn't want that around my kids!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2010