Do you enjoy Fathers Day?

Due to some horrible circumstances. I never met my Father. I never had a Father/dad etc.. It wasn't until the RN that stole me and kept me and I found her Dead at age 13 did my Life worsen. Then when I was 19 & pregnant I went to locate my Bio mom. She was 46 when I found her dying of Breast cancer. I only had that one visit then. She never told me of my family or who my father is. She died with her secrets. So when I buy Father's Day cards for my FIL, DH, & sons in laws. I weep over never knowing the love of a parent or having Family. Now I'm battling Breast cancer. We're jobless and no way to pay for it! I'm more weepy then ever.. Did anyone else not ever meet or know their Father? Or did you have a Great father story you care to share! I'd' love any stories! Best of luck to you! Thank you in advance for Sharing!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:09 AM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I didn't know my biological dad and didn't even know that my biological dad was not the man who raised me (from age 2) until after my parents divorced. I was 12 when they divorced, 14 when I couldn't ignore the questions in my head anymore. My mother told me the truth only after I asked her. The father who raised me was alcoholic. After the divorce, visits became less and less frequent until he was gone. I was never really aware of how this had haredened me. My heart was healed when I was born again. The Heavenly Father has given me peace. I pray for your health, family and peace also!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:35 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I don't like Father's Day at all from own perspective, but I am happy for my husband who is such a loving father and has three daughters who adore him.
    When my mom and father divorced while I was a baby she told him that as long as he remained an abusive alcoholic he would never get to see me and my brother (his only children). He "cared" so much about us that we never knew he existed until the day she died when I was 11 years old and we had to go live with him. He was still an alcoholic and very much abusive. After 4 years of hell with him the state finally placed us in foster families.
    It's easy to get over physical abuse, but the psychological and emotional abuse never goes away. My brother by our father and our 2 other brothers by our stepfather and I were all placed in different families and never got to know each other again until adults, but there is so much hurt that we don't know how to connect. (con't)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• (con't) We aren't a family anymore...I wanted to remain in contact with them, but they don't so I have no clue where they are or how they are. I know I have nieces and nephews, but I don't know who they are and they don't know me or their cousins. So sad. I blame it all on my father and our step-father who both showed how much they really resented and hated all of us kids after our mom died.

I just look to the stream of sunlight in my life that is my husband who has shown me that there are caring, loving, and participating fathers in this world who cherish their children and would do anything to meet their needs, care for them, provide for them, and make sure they aren't hurt.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My dad was a good father, and yes we had our differences as I grew up. He was not the type of man to express his feelings, so to hear him say "I love you" would have meant the world to me. His way of saying "I love you" was to say "I'm proud of you". It wasn't until he was very sick that I understood the way Daddy worked. It's been almost 6 years since he passed away, and I miss him TERRIBLY! He was a wonderful grandpa and loved all of the grandkids so very much. My son Robbie was very special to him for many reasons~ he was the last grandchild to be born into our family, and a the only grandchild with red hair. He used to call my Robbie "Hot Rod", and even though I never got the chance to explain Robbie's autism to him, I know now that he's in Heaven, God has explained it to him better than I ever could!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 11:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2010