I am 34 weeks pregnant and having back and pelvic pains severly,I don't remember having that during my first...anyone have any suggestions on if I should be worried and call my OB?

singlemom_1982

Asked by singlemom_1982 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like the baby is laying on your nerves. Try laying down on your side and having a cool drink.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Do NOT worry, but DO call the doc. Maybe you have a bladder infection or something equally simple to treat, but absolutely needs to be looked into.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I'm 35 weeks and I get it all the time. You just gotta prop a pillow between your legs and make your husband rub your back every now and then. If it persists along with contractions then I would call the doc.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:22 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I would call just to make sure you and baby are alright. I didn't have pelvic pain with my first, but my second pregnancy I did (twins). One of them was head down on the place where my pelvis was hurting...OWCH. I'm also 34wks and having horrible pelvic and back pain. The last sono we did the baby was in the same position as my other son was, and is right on that spot, head down again!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• See a chiropracter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Drink lots of water and put your feet up or a warm bath if the pain keeps on call your OB they would rather you call and it be nothing than something be wrong and you not call.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jun. 20, 2010