Fibromyalgia

If you have it, when did you first start noticing symptoms? What were those symptoms? How bad is the pain? How do you manage it?

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 10:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Health

• My best friend has had it for years. She tries to control it with nutritian and has tried several really strange diets but nothing seems to be working. There are several new medications out there but she is against the whole medical establishment. Maybe they are helpful, I don't know. But I hope you find something that will work for you.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I was officially diagnosed at 15. But that was after 10+ years of tests and other misdiagnosis. I don't know that I could really pinpoint any specific "first symptoms" I just remember always being tired and in pain. My body was just always sore and I just never felt "good." The pain tends to be worse through the extreme cold of winter and the extreme humidity of the summer. Through decent weather it's not to bad and your basic Tylenol will take care of it. Dietary changes help A LOT too... So that's what we are going now, is working on changing my diet... I don't do medication unless it's a life or death thing, so I can't tell you about those. I tend to feel like someone who was horridly out of shape and just ran a mile does the next day... It's that full body soreness and stiffness...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• i was just dx 5 months ago but it seems to be secondary to psoratic arthritis i developed a year ago(just got that dx after a year of doctor visits). my first symptoms was the muscle pains.

I have changed my diet with some success of relieving pain, i cut out sugar. But I am still on a lot of medications for it. the warming of the weather has seemed to help me as well.

Heat has been the best reliever for me.

here is the address of a very active online support group for fibro. http://www.mdjunction.com/fibromyalgia
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2010