does she have hand mouth foot disease?

My daughter had hand mouth foot disease a little over a week ago. She caught it from another child in daycare. When we brought her into the doctor they said that she was past most of it (fever was gone and sores in mouth were starting to fade away) They gave us stuff for her mouth to numb it which she never needed. I noticed today that she has a rash on her hand. I dunno if its left over from the disease or if she is getting it again! She has no fever and no sores in her mouth or on her feet. Has anyone else been through this? Is it just a rash that took a while to show up or is it something else?

Ninjette_raven

Asked by Ninjette_raven at 10:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Hand foot and mouth can last for weeks. and you can pass it back and fourth....adults can get it too. You can also get it from touching something someone with it touched. so its possible that she touched something and got it again. or maybe it just started showing up now. It normally looks like small blissters.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 10:52 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Is that the real name for the diease? I have NEVER heard of it.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Yes that the real name for it. theres another one called hoof and mouth that just animals get but a lot of people confuse the two. heres a link with information on it.http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hand-foot-and-mouth-disease/DS00599/DSECTION=symptoms
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 5:08 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I will tell you my DD started with the rash on the hands and feet. She never had teh fever, I think her case was pretty mild, I known a could kids that was really bad they were misserable. I would keep a eye on it and see if anything else shows up cause she may have it again.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 5:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2010