• In the Spotlight:

Army wifes- whats the longest you have been without seeing your husband?

Just wondering and how did it go?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• A year and a half.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Oh. It was really hard, but luckily I was near family so that made it a bit easier, except for the fact that my dad was being a douche bag to me cause I was living with my parents for the first half of his deployment. He fucking nearly beat me one time because of some altercation we had. That's when I decided to move out immediately. That made it rough, but the rest of the time I had my own place it was a bit easier.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• wow thats a long time!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My husband and I met in the Navy and he got out 6 years before I did. The longest we went without seeing each other was 8.5 months while I was on deployment. It sucked, but we emailed a lot and when we pulled into ports, I called him. He kept busy with going to college and sending me awesome packages.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• my hubby has been in 3 years now, and out of those three years we have only been together for 6 months (not including leaves) hes gone from basic and ait to korea, the virginia for a little bit, and now iraq. i personally dont think its that hard, it sucks yes, but when you have kids and everyday life to keep you busy its a little easier. and i get to talk to my hubby everyday so that makes it ten time easier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Army WIVES.....and AIr Force WIVES have to manage without their husbands for at least a year at a time,too and the TDY's for a month or two ...and those guys on flight status who risk their lives up in the air in combat ....it is not an easy life but you do it.
    Anonymous

• as an Army wife I have been without my hubby for longer than I have been with him. we have been married for 22 months, he has been gone for 13 months of that. the longest we have spent together is slightly less than 6 months. It is very hard. I have done half a pregnancy and childbirth without him, I have dealt with every household issue you can think of and I am nowhere near any family. But you know what? I wouldn't trade my life for anything. I love my husband and am proud to be his wife.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My hubby has been in the army since Jan 2009, so a year and a half about. He hasn't been deployed yet but during the beginning while he was in basic training and everything we didn't get to see each other for 6 months, then he had a month of leave and then he left for Germany and it took 4 months until me and our 3 month old son could finally come live with him in Germany. He couldn't be there for our sons birth even, and didn't get to meet him until he was 3 months old.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• So yes it was/ is hard being an army wife. But If that's what my husband wants to do to support our family then ill stay strong and support him 100%

but other then being apart from each other and the long hours he has to work, I actually really like being an army wife.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• 8 months and then he came home on leave and went back again for 5 months. he should be coming home from this deployment soon (YAY!) We have been married 6 years. The times he is gone honestly suck some ass, but we get through it.
    Melissa_anne

Answer by Melissa_anne at 8:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2010