Is it normal to have false labor EVERY time I'm awake?

If I go to sleep, it goes away. so I know its false.. but jeeze its suckin' the life outta me! The whole time I'm awake, ALL WEEK LONG.. I've been contracting.. not always painful, but sometimes. I can't take this anymore! The real labor had better start soon because I'm just breaking down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try to stay hydrated and relax. Don't overdo it. I am 39 weeks today and being induced Monday. I have done prodromal labor with 3 of my 5 kids now. The longest lasting from 32 weeks until 37 when they induced due to high blood pressure (of course having hard contractions for 5 weeks would be enough to skyrocket your BP). Try not to think too much of it. Talk to your doctor so he knows what this is doing to you.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 11:13 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Well.... it's not abnormal, lol I had prodomal labor for a week before my youngest son was born, it definitely wears you down! Just remember that it's your body getting ready to have that baby =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I had that for 2 weeks before the induced me. It wasn't fun, but it isn't abnomal. Good luck momma and I hope "real" labor starts soon!
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 11:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2010