Spaghetti'Os recall! whats next?

so they are recalling certain types of spaghettios from the shelves bc the cans didnt get heated well enough and it may cause bacteria growth or the products may spoil before the date says. isnt that like the 15th recall this year? isnt there supposed to be someone regulating that kind of thing?!?!

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Kids' Health

• dood if they mess with my reg beef ravioli i'm gonna get pissed.
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 11:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I know it is crazy, I had about 5 cans of it in my cabinet. Not counting all the cans that SO has already eaten.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• What..... that's really meat? LOL
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:18 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Is it just spaghetti O's or chef boyardee products too. Do you have a link.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• yes, id like to have more info on this as well....my dh and i eat a lot of spaghetti os
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 11:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• They do have regulations for those sort of things. The product is being recalled because it failed to meet the standards set by the USDA.

Link for anyone who's interested:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100618/ap_on_bi_ge/us_spaghettios_recall

Looks like a cooker malfunctioned, and that's why the meat didn't get properly heated.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 11:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• thanks for posting a link but you just would think that they would catch these things before they hit the shelves.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Yes, it is real meat and a full serving of veggies in every serving!! OMG!! Something is recalled, it happens. Machines package the products not a human. I don't know about anyone else, but I LOOK at my food when I open it and before I serve it. If it is spoiled or smells bad, I throw it out. Things can and do spoil before the expiration date. I have had milk expire days before the expiration date. There are many factors that can cause that to happen and it's not always under the control of the manufacturer.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• "thanks for posting a link but you just would think that they would catch these things before they hit the shelves."

I'm sure you've missed things before they became a problem. This just happens to be one of those problems that affected a large number of people.

For what it's worth, I would hardly call Spaghetti-O's food, but that's just me.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2010