does tap water need to be boiled before preparing bottle with formula?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No! it only needs to boiled if you are on well water
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• It is recommended up to I think 6 months especially if you have well water. It;s not as necessary if you have city water, but it doesn't hurt.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• it doesnt hurt but it depends ont he water in your arew. you can google the safety info on your local drinking water and find out. i didnt but we had some of the best water in the state.....
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I always used gallons of baby water for my son until he was about 9 months old. But you don't have to, my son's pediatrician told me that if it is safe for adults it is also safe for babies.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Generally, NO. But if you live in an area where your tap water is "questionable" I would say it can't hurt. I used to boil it a gallon at a time and keep it in the fridge. Since I mostly breastfed, it took me a good long time to go through a gallon, but if you are exclusively formula feeding you could go through as much as a gallon every day or two.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:25 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I always boiled the water until my babies were a year old, that's what my doctor told me to do, I could have probably stopped at 6 months, but kept on it just to be safe.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I don't have to, but I do......i'm going to get a new filter and just use that though
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• No. Water strait from the tap if you have city water is just fine.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Generally city water is fine right from the tap.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I just use bottled water. I won't even drink my tap, so... :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2010