My sister has a good life, but laughs at people who don't

Seems that my sister hasn't gotten the concept that we're in a deep recession. Just yesterday, she admitted to laughing at people who were driving a clunker. On the other hand, I'm very sympathetic because I've been laid off and having to conserve. How can I get over such ignorant and cruel gestures of my sister?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Karma, she'll get hers eventually.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I agree with Rachel, someday she will regret that.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• know you are a better person for having compassion.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:34 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• It's sad, but in reality she's just as unhappy with her own life. She has to put others down to feel better about herself. I would seriously ask her what her problem is...What's it to you that they're driving clunkers?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I would try to distance myself from her. Honestly I would not want to worry about what rude thing she is going to say next. I also agree with he first poster, at some point karma will bite her in the butt.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I'd put some distance between us. I'd just tell her when she's ready to stop being a bitch and tell me what is really going on in her life that makes her think she needs to act like that, then give me a call.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Your sister does have some kind of inferiority complex... and is trying to feel better by putting down people who are having financial problems,I think. Ask her how she can possibly feel good about doing that....point out that she should appreciate her own life and PLEASE , tell her to be kinder.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I honestly can't stand to be around people like that they bring everyone down...Maybe that clunker was all they could afford and what makes her life so much better?? I want a new car but I know I can't afford it nor do I have money for the payment I would like to see people who think less of others walk one day in their shoes czu they obviously don't know what living off very little is like. she'll get what's coming to her but it's not up to you or anyone else to fix her. I would not be around her for a while maybe she'll get the hint.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I would try to stay away from someone that things material possessions are more important that other things in life. Believe it or not, she is missing something from her life if she values materials over necessities and other parts of life. I bet if you start discussing her relationships you'll see they are based off possessions and not really love. Know you are probably more rich than she will ever be in everything else in life.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I learned a very valuable lesson from a terrible situation my son and now four other children all poor were the only ones to survive out of nine children who all had cancer one of the mothers of one of the children who had money started yelling they are poor and unworthy why do their kids get to survive? It was awful but at that moment I realized money wasn't the whole picture. Maybe those people in that clunker are happy, happy they are on their way to something better and maybe they are the ground pounders that make this world go around never be ashamed of where you are. Who knows the person in that clunker could be the next CEO of a fortune five hundred company. Tell your sister some of the richest men in the world drive pickup trucks.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2010