Carpet CLeaners

Does anyone have a at home carpet cleaner that gets the job done really good? WHat kind is it? Where did you buy it and do you remember how much it costs?

DDTSMommy

Asked by DDTSMommy at 12:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You know I bought one and paid like $200 for it--it was junk! I do have a little green machine for spots,, and that seems to work good, but it is now SO cheap to rent one from the hardware store,,that is what I do,, it seems to work better than when I have the professionals do it! about $40 total for the weekend,, and I clean my sofa/ and anyother furniture that needs it,, not to bad!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• We own a low moisture (not steam cleaning) carpet cleaning business. So I use my machine to clean our carpets, pretty much every season just to help remove deep down dirt and toxins. We use an all green cleaner, though for tough stains there is one product (thats not green) that we recommend all the time.

It's called FOLEX and you can find it at Home Depot, works great at stains and traffic areas. www.folex.org
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• we paid 79 at target for ours..i'm not sure the brand but it's a small green one (a little smaller than a full size vaccuum)..i use soap water and bleach to clean our caperts bc they're light and the solution just flat out didn't work...after we paid 17 dollars per container...
    Anonymous