can you have a period like bleeding while your pregnant....

cause im 10 weeks pregnant and on 6/16/10 i started bleeding like a period but without cramping. i just wanna know is this normal or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's not the norm, but my sister did have bleeding every month throughout her entire pregnancy. I would call the dr right away and let them know.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 12:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I had one which is why I didn't think I was pregnant but I went to the doctor and he said I was. I told him I had a period and he said sometimes that happens. Not sure about your's though so call your doctor or Labor & Delivery and ask them

Answer by admckenzie at 12:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I would call your doctor right away the only time that i ever bleed that far along was when i had my MC i pray that's not happening but I would call ASAP. I am not trying to scare you i would just be safe then sorry call your doctor.
    Anonymous

• CALL YOUR DOC NOW.not trying to panic you but no a full period type bleeding at that stage is not normal.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I agree with Bearsien,, call your doc ASAP--if it is like a period,, not spottng,, it is not normal, I hope it works out for you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• i looked it up and to me it sounds like im having early pregnancy bleeding. and it said you can bleed like a period
    Anonymous

• I agree. call your doc right away. Here is what happened to me last weekend...

Noticed brownish colored spotting after intercourse on saturday but I wasn't overly concerned because this happened with my last pregnancy and all went well. Sunday night the brownish color turned dark red and a little bit heavier. I called the on-call doc who told me to go to the ER if I had cramps or a lot of bleeding, otherwise call docs office in the morning. Call office in the morning and was told to go in for blood work that morning (monday) and scheduled an appointment for an ultrasound the next morning (tuesday). By monday afternoon the spotting had turned bright red with clots.... I just knew! I went in for the ultrasound on Tuesday and was given the bad news. I had a miscarriage. I've been bleeding like a period with clots ever since. I had no cramping at all until Wednesday and I had only a little bit.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• but im not having clots in the blood
    Anonymous

• You need to see your doctor ASAP. I started bleeding at 14 weeks, and found out that I had placenta previa. I had to be monitored closely, and ended up on bedrest for most of the pregnancy. There are many reasons for this type of bleeding, but you need to find out what is going on, for both the baby's and your health.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I bleed like a normal period I blead so much the dr. actually thought I was having a miscarriage.
    Anonymous