is it possible to get a false positive ?

in a pregnancy test if you have a urinary tract infection? [i'm nervus because i took 4 pregnancy tests and they all came out positive ]and i think i have a UTI and i heard somepeople say that it can be possible . and this would be my 3rd child and i know i shouldnt feel like this but i wasn't too thrilled when i saw all of them positive .. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• a uti has nothing to do with a pregnancy test or the hormones involved. I would say you are preg dear.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• No not a uti,,some hormone disorders,, sorry to say think your having a baby,, LOL
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I have had 2 tests come out false positive in the past. But it could have been due to user error because after them I took more that came out negative. I would say if you took 4 and they were all positive that you are probably pregnant. Go to your OB or health department and find out for sure.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• You are pregnant... congrats!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• thanks :) im just nervous lol i thought with two kids already i wouldnt be this surorised lol
    Anonymous

• it can give you only a false negitve not a positive
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• oh and uti's are alot more common after you get pregnant :) Congrats mama!!
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2010