WHAT DO I NEED FOR THE HOSPITAL....?!?....

IVE PACKED A BADBUT I FEEL LIKE IM MISSING STUFF...ANY SUGGESTIONS..?...I WILL BE HAVING A CSEC...

scenequeen85

Asked by scenequeen85 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• underwear about a size or 2 too big because they give you those huge pads to use and you don't want to be stuck with those mesh underwear they provide.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Oh, and a back scratcher. I had a normal, yet annoying reaction to the epideral and it made me crazy ichy! Nurse said she could give me something but it would make me really tired.. not good!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• comfy clothes(a few days' worth), something to read (if you're a reader) or otherwise occupy your time, list of numbers to call, hairbrush/hairties, toothbrush/toothpaste, favorite cds and a cd player/mp3/ipod for some music, makeup if you are so inclined, snacks for dad, written care preferences for baby (breast or formula, what tests, etc), disposable camera/digital camera/video camera, and finally (something I wish I had thought of the first time) a folder or file to keep copies of all the paperwork etc you will get/sign while there.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• bring you some long overnight style pads. you won't like those they give you. house shoes,hygene products, camera, change of clothes for you and the baby. you will be fine. i had a c-section 2. good luck and congrates!
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I disagree with preachers kid, you don't need to bring formula, they provide it and you will not have time to read. You will either be taking care of your baby or sleeping. I didn't even turn on the tv or internet while I was in the hospital after my c-section. And there is no way you are going to worry about make-up, even if you wear it everyday. You can't even shower until day 2.
    Anonymous

• toiletries, something comfy to go home in, don't spend a bunch of money on comfy clothes to wear at the hospital because chances are they are either going to get blood, breastmilk, or baby poo on them. More than one tube of chapstick. a notebook and pen. boppy pillow/nursing pillow; it will help keep the weight of the baby off your incision while you are feeding. If you are bottle feeding and have a preference of what type of bottle you want to use, you can bring one but you don't need to. If breastfeeding bring 2 nursing bras that are a cup size too large now and nursing pads and lanolin. Make up remover wipes, they don't let you shower right away, even after a vaginal birth. camera. phone and camera chargers. change for the vending machines (most likely you will be on a strictly monitored diet for the first 24 hours but hubby won't be). the hospital provides diapers but not wipes.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• lol anon- I wasn't saying BRING formula, I was saying write down if you want formula or if you intend to breastfeed to save confusion :)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Let me suggest chap stick
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2010