Am I the only one?

Am I the only one that has no self control when it comes to gift giving?
Like this fathers day we gave my husband his gift last Friday when I bought it so I got him something else so he had something to open fathers day and of course what did I do.. I gave him his gift last night and his card last night. Ugh.

mrsbean08

Asked by mrsbean08 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do the same thing :) I love getting things for my DH, I always end up giving him things ahead of time, then getting something else for the actual day. I did it this year for both his birthday and for Father's Day. I don't see any problem at all!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I have the same problem. If we get the gifts before the actual day, he'll get it a week early then be left with nothing on the actual day. That's why I wait until a day or two before to buy the gift.
    We are horrible at Christmas. Our first Christmas together, we ended up giving each other the gifts two weeks early because neither of us could wait.
    But it's the thought of the gift that counts so it doesn't matter on what day they actually receive it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I sometimes feel like I don't give ppl enough so I do what you do. My husband loves to open gifts so when it's his bday or christmas hes the one asking if he can have it early.
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 5:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• You must have a lot of disposable income....
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• They were very small gifts. Both under $15
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Okay scratch that.. One was 20 and one was 12... So including the card i spent about $35 total.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• LOL... Yesterday I had my DD give her dad what she made for him at school.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 2:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I love gift giving but I am having to learn the hard way to tone it down (we're broke) LOL
    Anonymous

• That is so funny kiwismommy, my husband and did the same thing on our first Christmas, lol.

But to answer your question we always do gifts early because my husband has to work most holidays. We celebrated father's day yesterday but I'll probably make him a nice dinner and his favorite dessert tomorrow when he gets home from work.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Well I don't have that problem b/c I give the gift to my teen and she puts it in her bedroom. I would want to give it to them too. LOL.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2010