Attack bird--Need advice

Dh is being attacked nightly by a medium-sized jay-like bird that flies into him and hits him on purpose. It seems to be stalking him. This happens at around midnight. Any ideas on what he can do so he can walk in peace?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• He needs to change his route. Obviously the bird is feeling threatened by him, even if he isn't acting threatening, so you dh needs to avoid the bird. Can't he walk some where else?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Maybe the bird has a nest close by that he's walking too close to without realizing it.

I agree with PP about changing his route. Either that or body armor.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• We live on a cul de sac and there is only one way out.

We may have to consider armor. A colander on the head? :-)
    Anonymous

• ummm....wear a bike helmet? lol i had this same problem with a grackle bird coming out of work. the thing drew blood on my scalp! Yep,probably protective mama

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Have him bring a tennis racket with him--or a net! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Yeah, it's most likely a female with a nest nearby and she's just protecting her nest. Tell your DH to just run so that she won't get him, or have him wear a helmet! In a month or two, he'll be safe again because the babies will have hatched and fledged so mommy bird won't have anything to protect any more.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 1:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• LOL I'm sorry. I've just never heard about this happening. Anyway, I agree with the first PP's. Just have him walk a different route. Why is he walking at midnight, anyway?
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 1:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I wonder where the bird's nest is? I would walk the route in the day time, to see if it happened,,,cross the street idk? I mean he could hit it, but does he want to kill it? I totally think you shoud record it,, you might win America's Funniest Videos!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• they are cat taunter birds and they instinctively dive and attack cats but in some instances they will attack other animals and sometimes people. it's mere instinct and no it's not that the bird feels threatened they just instinctively do that. i used to have them in my yard and when my cat was taking a nap in the grass the birds would just attack him. it was kinda cute actually cause he didn't know what hit him
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• LOL, Lori, that's horrible.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2010