question about LDS

Does the LDS church pay any of the ministers, secretaries or other workers? please feel free to use the anon button if you like. What is the stance on birth control. yea or ney? official church stance that is

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hey, hon... I'm not honestly sure about the pay, but seeing how there are those who only "work" for the church I would assume they are at least given room and board and some type of small salary.

From what I know BC is not seen as okay. I had a friend who was one of 8 kids, because her parents were LDS, they didn't use any BC. And they only had sex if they were wanting a child, but I have heard that is extreme (although I could be wrong.)

Here is the official site, there is a chat on there so you can ask actual ministers questions...
    http://www.mormon.org

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• There are only a very FEW amount of people that "work" for the church that get paid. Bishops, ward callings, stake presidents, stake callings, regional callings, missionaries, general authorities/leaders of the church and the prophet all DO NOT GET PAID. There are a couple of positions in the church that are paid...like running the church offices in Salt Lake, and even some of those positions are callings and those people DO NOT get paid for.
    Birth Control is something the church does not a have an official stance on. They encourage us to talk with our spouses and pray with our spouses to Heavenly Father to make a decision. Personal revelation for your particular family. The don't encourage us to breed like rabbits and rely on the church or food stamps and such just for the sake of having kids....lol Some people think we believe in having a whole mess of kids, which is not true. There are families with 1!
    Anonymous

• I personally have 4, but we're done! lol We can't handle anymore! lol
    If you'd like to learn more or even find out where there's a church building to ask either the missionaries or the bishop more questions you can go to www.lds.org or www.mormon.org :) xox
    Anonymous