Anyone else with psoratic arthritis?

I was wondering if there was anyone else on this site with psoratic arthritis. It comes out of psoriasis.. but i first presented with the joint pain and then the rash, or at least the rash was never noticed before, since it seems to hide in my scalp at this time.

I just recieved the dx yesterday after a year of doctors and testing

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Health

• My husband has it. He was first diagnosed when he was 21. His fingers swelled up and stiffened. Then he got psorasis all over. For years he was using tons of expensive creams, going for light therapy, and taking ridaura (oral gold). None of that worked. Now he is on methotrexate and you wouldn't even know he had it.
    Anonymous

• i just started methotrexate today.. I am usually great with all meds and normally don't have any or many side effects so I am hoping for that again.

how does he handle the med, any side effects? Thanks!
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• He's have no side effects at all. His bloodwork is always normal. Did they tell you to take folic acid too? He does, I am not sure why.
    Anonymous

• yeah they prescribed one mg a day , because the med depletes it from your body.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My sister has it. She's on Embrel (sp?). She had psoriasis for years, it showed up when she was 13 and then when she was in her 30s the arthritis started flaring up.

Answer by missanc at 6:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• have you had allergy testing done?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Not since I was younger, Why?
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• my dd is only 2, and she has eczema, it is caused by coconut and its derivatives. i was just wondering if you had an undiagnosed allergy that could be causing your troubles?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Psoriasis arthritis mainly causes joint pain, stiffness and swelling. It may also affect any part of your body, such as  your fingertips and spine. Study shows that there is no treatment available yet for it and what the health providers are focusing on now is controlling symptoms and preventing the damage to your joints which may lead to disability if not treated. See also DePuy Pinnacle Recall

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 12:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2012