What do you think of this?

Gay penguins adopt an egg...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1190747/My-dads-Gay-penguins-parents.html

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Considering the male penguins do all the work--protecting the egg in the bitter cold until it hatches, I say they're entitled! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Anonymous

• Reading the article I would say that they are doing what seems to be coming naturally to them.

As for them being gay, I don't know exactly what makes a penguin gay but I guess someone out there does.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• As for them being gay, I don't know exactly what makes a penguin gay but I guess someone out there does.

The same thing that makes a human gay, sexual orientation.

Answer by older at 2:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• older, really lol. What makes a human gay? Hmm having and sexual attraction to the same sex and wanting to have sexual intercourse with them. What makes a penguin gay? Having a sexual attraction to the same sex and wanting to have sexual intercourse with the same sex! Wow what a concept lol.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I didn't realize the male penguins had tried to mate with each other. If they aren't mating wouldn't they be considered asexual? I'm not trying to make this a debate, I seriously don't know. I would think what makes a human homosexual is their sexual interest in the same sex. Not just preferring the company of the same sex.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• The artiscle said they have mated. They tried to introduce new femlaes to these 6 penguins who would mate with each other instead of the females. You know people are always yelling at me to write the article. so...READ THE ARTICLE!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• the whole thing is ridiculous
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• What is so rediculous?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• delilahs, it wasn't necessary to cap yell at me. I assure you I did read the article and after re-reading it I can see where I misunderstood the content.

Gay rights activists were outraged after the zoo flew in female penguins to try to get them to reproduce with three pairs of male penguins who had been seen trying to mate with one another and hatch chicks from stones.

I merely though they were suggesting that the female birds had tried to mate w/ the males, not the males w/ each other.  You know, I have tried to stay pretty neutral when it comes to you.  Just because 'people' have yelled at you to read the article, I suppose you feel that gives you license to yell at me?  Does it make you feel better?  I asked in all honesty.  Don't worry, I am sure your respect will be returned in kind.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2010