Do you live in the detroit area???

What is the best suburb in the detroit area? I can't afford the most upscale so I should rephrase my question. Which area is the best value taking schools, crime, and everything else into consideration? Which areas should be absolutely avoided?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 2:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My Grandparents live in Fraser ( about 20 minutes North) and it's really nice. The schools are pretty good ( they have public and private). I wouls stay out of the D all together. It's getting pretty bad. Crime is on the rise, the schools are getting cut, the cops and FD were cut back to 20% a few years ago. =( St. Clair Shores is nice but kind of expensice. Stick to Fraser, Warren, Roseville, Livona, Royal Oak. =)
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• i live in walled lake, were from detroit...we love it! they have blue rbbon schools which means thebest of the best, its about 40 mins for D, its a small town sorta but tons of lakes everywhere and some beches. the houses are kind expencive but my apt is 1100 sq ft and its 2 bed 2 bath for 589! Plus its really nice and the ppls are too!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• oh and its still part of oak;land co
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• avoid 1-9 mile areas.....down town, around maddison heights it gets better. Its a nice area, and u can rent a house around 1200 amo
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2010