Whats better?

This is my first child and I would like to know what is better for the baby a high chair or a booster seat for a regular chair??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 2:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends on when you want to start using it. The biggest benefit to a high chair is that many of them have an adjustable back that can recline, which is good for babies who can't sit on their own yet. If you want baby to sit at the table with you when you eat even before he's actually eating, then a high chair would be good. Otherwise, a booster seat will last longer; and sitting is one of the recommended signs of readiness for solids.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• High chair is easier for the beginning but once the kid hits around age 1, the booster is better, it's easier for him/her to be part of the family at the table.
    The ones that strap on the actual chair are great. No amount of wiggling will knock it down.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• We got the space save high chair. It does both. It's a high chair and then as they get older it is a booster seat.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• we have space saver high chairs that do recline. my 3 week old can sit in it, and so can my 2 year old! there is no need for the extra high chair taking up space, which is my favorite part! i think they are fisher price
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• thank u guys
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 3:40 AM on Jul. 7, 2010