Does this bother you? Why or why not?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/As-oil-spews-in-Gulf-BP-chief-apf-1422722456.html?x=0

As many vacations and golf junkets as Obama takes the Whitehouse certainly should understand this man needs a day off and certainly the spill is not gone from his mind. Not to mention it has been said he is handing over day to day operation to BP manger Bob Dudly. (I feel for this guy)
Is the anger all for show or just more hypocrisy?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It doesn't bother me. A day off is no big deal.
    Anonymous

• I have no idea why people are angry. He takes a day off during the disaster. So has our President.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I don't feel for him in the slightest.

I do however think the media is making a big deal out of this. Although; I don't think so much it's that he's taking a day off it's the location he choose. Aside from being a 'boating' event; it's a 'boating event' for the upper crust which only amplifies the poor choice of words of the CEO and himself in the past few weeks...making it appear as though they are out of touch with regular people and all that. I think if he had say decided to take a day off and go to a Polo Match or something it wouldn't sound quite as sensational and the media wouldn't have seized on it...which is what they did they knew it would whip people up and give them some more ratings...making the news part of the ratings game was the death of the industry for "real news"
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Every one deserves a day off.. especially with all the hours I am sure he has been working.
    Heck he's been doing more since this spill has happened then the president has since he was elected.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• by: mancosmomma I have no idea why people are angry. He takes a day off during the disaster. So has our President.

Amen.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• It doesn't bother me at all, the man is human and needs some distraction or he will burn out!

Answer by older at 4:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I think the KEY to the OP's post is that Obama is ONCE AGAIN passing the buck. Why?

1.) Because he doesn't really care about American citizens, and can't be bothered,
    2.) Because he has absolutely no clue what to do--so might as well (poorly) hit the links,
    3.) Because that's how he has ALWAYS done things! He either delegates full authority to others in his administration without overseeing the process, or leaves his cabinet members in lurches to figure things out for themselves.

He REALLY thinks being President is all about "Photo Ops" and "ribbon cutting" ceremonies!! The sad thing is his cheerleaders think this is PERFECTLY acceptable, yet crucified Bush for the sun rising and setting each day!

To answer your question, OP...it's just more hypocrisy!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

***
    Burn out, from WHAT...delegating?! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Doesn't bother me one bit. He can make decisions, delegate and handle crisis from the golf course. I'm sure most of you don't want to work 24/7 and he shouldn't have to just because he's the President. I know your head is spinning and you're dying to say the President doesn't deserve a moments rest - - - for gods sake he's the leader of the free world!!! **head spinning** Well sorry to break it to you but every President gets "time w/family" and if crisis arose he'd address it as expected. He's not chained to a desk or to the spill for that matter.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 5:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Umm ladies - the OP was about the BP head taking off and attending some fancy yachting event in the UK; not about Obama; you didn't even have to copy the link; it's kind of there if you'd just read the text of the link address??
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2010