Do you ever suspect that there are differences between the races that go beyond skin/physical features?

This is obviously a very un P.C. question, but do you ever sometimes think that maybe there are differences between the races that go beyond the obvious physical differences? That perhaps, different races have their own unique intellectual/physical talents or weaknesses? I occasionaly think that maybe scientists and researches have evidences of this, but don't want to report it, for fear that society hasn't reached a point where this information could be handled.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Everybody has a unique brain. They are all different, but I dont think race necessarily makes a different.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• * i kind of meant we all think differently
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I could be very wrong; but I feel like I read an article or study a few years ago that said they actually did find that AA's are better built for running? Was that genetic or environmental I don't know; it's been a while since I read it. But I've never seen any proof on paper or in the variety of life that there is any real difference in intelligence potential between races. Resistance to certain disease or ailments is another matter.
    Anonymous

• They can tell by DNA what race you are. It's not a new thing....there are certain traits in each of our DNA.
    Anonymous

• I would think that's possible, after all there are certain diseases that certain races are more prone to than others. Of course that could be somewhat environmental, but it's possible.
    Anonymous

• I would say of course they do. It has been proven. Each race has different structure and thus weaknesses or strengths that go with that structure. This is why we can look at the pelvis and know if the person who once had it was black, white, asian or something else... And each of these features would have been developed to deal with a specific set of needs - a great example is the knees of Africans, they are made in a way that allowed them to run faster and with more power. Why? Well one would assume it would be because they were running to hunt their food... Does that put other races at a disadvantage? Well, sure, in a way it does. But They have other advantages that Africans do not...

Honestly, I don't really think it matters much, another few hundred years and we will all be so interbreed there will only be one race...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• a great example is the knees of Africans, they are made in a way that allowed them to run faster and with more power.
    *****

You and I must have similar reading habits; lol -- this is what I had read previously and was referring to above

/Anon 4:11pm/
    Anonymous

• What like we're from different planets or something? LOL.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I could be very wrong; but I feel like I read an article or study a few years ago that said they actually did find that AA's are better built for running?

It was during the summer Olympics that it made the news, and it wasn't that as a race one group is better at running. They found that people from one area had bones better built for sprinting and people from another area had bones better built for distance running. Then they compared those results to which countries won different track events.

There are about a dozen overriding genetic markers representing geographic regions as mankind spread. Some people have all 12, some people only have a few. People from the areas where those markers originate can even have just one. Each of those markers has traits associated with it that are unique to that marker. They are Asian, African, Middle Eastern or European, so they appear to be racial, but they're really regional.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• No, I really believe we are all the same regardless of race.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2010