What is your favorite healthy salad and dessert?

Right now my favorite salad is grilled chicken, mixed spring greens, mandarine oranges, and cilantro. My favorite "dessert" at the moment is frozen chunks of watermelon. I am going to try a watermelon mint salad soon too. Just want to get some good ideas, we are going to be back home in TX for the months of July and August and I know it will be HOT so I'm looking for some yummy, healthy (low fat) salads and desserts to keep us cool and healthy :-)

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 3:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Favorite dessert is grilled pineapple.

Favorite salad is a Middle Eastern spinach salad; send me a message offlist if you would like a copy.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My favorite salad is tomato & cucumber slices with red onion. I make a dressing from ketsup, vinegar & a little sugar. It is so good on a hot day! For desert I love to make homemade sorbet. I use fruit and splenda. Wonderful!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 3:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• OMG my fave is your fave,, sometimes I leave out the oranges and add tomatoes with a bit of fresh mozerella and rasp, vinagrette dressing,, now I cannot make a heathy dessert to save my soul,, lol,, but Iove that new Jello whipped mousse that is like 60 calories,, I love watermelon,,but that isn't dessert to me,,,now how about a healthy no cal chocolate cake? Oh don't i wish!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Haha yes if someone ever invents a healthy no cal chocolate cake that still taste like chocolate cake, PLEASE let me know lol! That would be awesome.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I'm all for the chocolate cake deal too lol.

That Watermelon and Mint dish sounds amazing. Gonna try that.
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 5:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Baby spinach, strawberries, red onions and feta
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Salad: A white and black bean salad. Equal amounts of cooked white and black beans, generous amounts of diced fresh tomato, diced celery, some diced onion, dressing made of olive oil, white vinegar, parsley, bit of salt & pepper. Top each serving with a handful of peanuts or sunflower seeds (shelled, of course).

Dessert: homemade frozen fruit sorbets or homemade peach ice cream!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My favorite salad is strawberry spinach salad with finely sliced onion, candied walnuts and raspberry vinaigrette.

For dessert, I'd love to have some ambrosia right now! Fresh pineapple, mandarin oranges, coconut, maraschino cherries and marshmallows. The dressing is made with cream, sour cream and sugar.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 7:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Salad: tomato,onion and avacado with a little grapeseed oil and salt and pepper.

Dessert: Fresh fruit

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2010