Is this just an old wives tale?

I have heard using cinnamon (like eating it regularly) is good in making you fertile. Has anyone else heard this or is it just an old wives tale?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• There are some google articles about it. My mom is increasing her use of cinnamon for her blood sugar (she has been diabetic for over 20 years). It seems to be helping. I am thinking that if cinnamon HELPS blood sugar control, it could have other effects for other hormones. Good luck.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I heard my grandmother say something about it once and she got pregnant 7 times. Don't know if she actually did it though. Most of the things like that I just chalk up to old wives tales.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I have heard that to.

There are some things you can eat that help fertility, so why not cinnamon? LOL id ask a dr or someone actually.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• IDK, but I've heard it's an aphrodisiac so that may be why ; )
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I'm not sure. A friend who uses herbs FOR EVERYTHING says that cinnamon really isn't a good spice. I'm not sure why but I would research it first.

I'm HIGHLY allergic to it so it wouldn't work for me. LOL.

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility if you haven't already.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2010