Wear can you get cheap school uniforms?

My daughter is starting a private school this coming school year and is required to wear a school uniform that I have to purchase. The uniform is a combination of Docker style pants in navy blue and polo style shirts in either white, light blue, or light yellow.

I have checked the prices out at the uniform store that the school has suggested to me, but for one weeks worth of uniforms it will cost close to $300.

Anyone know of other places to check for cheap school uniforms?

lvns2my1

Asked by lvns2my1 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in

• Walmart, Old Navy, The Gap, JCPennies, Mervyns, all carry those items. Sometimes you can find them at Target too.

Your school might also have a uniform exchange, where you can pick up lightly used items for $2-3 dollars a piece. Call the office and ask if they have one.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Walmart...

Might I add, I think they should provide this for you since you are paying tuition (im assuming since its a private school)

AND because it is mandatory.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is getting in on a scholorship. We live in Ohio and from my understanding from the principal of this school, the scholorship only pays tuition.
    lvns2my1

Answer by lvns2my1 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My DD will be starting private school too. I got most of her uniforms at Walmart.com. I'm very pleased with the pants because they are adjustable waist and she's tiny. JCPenney, Kohls, Target, Old Navy, and Gymboree also all have a uniform section on their websites.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Thanks SleepingBeautee! I'll do some price checking with those stores and see what I can do.

Never thought about asking if they had a uniform exchange. I think I'll give them a call about that. Thanks!
    lvns2my1

Answer by lvns2my1 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Thanks ThrivingMom!
    lvns2my1

Answer by lvns2my1 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I really like buying the pants at Old Navy, they have a nice fit and look sharp for a long time. Polos are fine from anywhere. I like them from walmart because they are cheap and if they get stained they are cheap to replace. We did buy a nice sweater from Lands End because my son wanted a monogrammed one, that was $50, but he has worn it for three years.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Thanks again. This is my first time dealing with uniforms ever and I just wasn't really sure where to start. The last couple years my daughter has went to a public school and the dress code didn't really add up to much. But now with the new school and dress code, I'm hoping I can afford it (the uniforms). It's less for the school supplies there, but there is the added cost with uniforms.
    lvns2my1

Answer by lvns2my1 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I got pants for my son at Walmart.com as well, and they actually seem to be better quality than the ones his dad got for him at JCPenney. All of the ones from JC got holes in the knees and the walmart pants are still going strong. I also got most of the rest of his stuff right at his school, I'm not sure exactly how it works because this will only be his second year there but parents bring in used uniforms in good condition and they sell them super cheap at the school. I imagine they get a credit towards new ones or something like that, I'll be finding out soon. I think I paid somewhere around $20 for everything I got at his school, so that would be worth looking into.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 4:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Walmart, Target, ebay
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2010