my DD will be 6months on july 5th?

what are some foods i can start her on? Right now i just have her on Breast milk and thats it but it seems that she is getting hunrgey alot faster.. ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• avocado is a great first food! its very healthy!! My dd loved (and still does) soft carrots, for your 6 mo old id mash them up with a spoon

http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/6-to-9-month-baby.html

i used this link above and i LOVEDDD the whole site a lot of great ingredients ideas and recipes my dd loved!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• cereal mixed with milk/formula, then bananas. that was the first food I was told to give my daughter. my doctor said to introduce new foods every 3-4 days that way you can see if theres any reaction to it and only once they've had all the fruits and veg you can start mixing them.
    baboluchi56

Answer by baboluchi56 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• she is probably going through a growth spurt
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 4:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• A soft piece of banana on the tip of your finger is a great first food. Others are avocado, and sweet potato. Lots of great info on starting solids with a breastfeeding baby at First foods for babies

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• We started with mashed up avocado. We waited til she was 7 months, though. If we had started at 6 months, we probably would have added some BM or water to the avocado.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Rice and other cereals are unnecessary... particularly if you are still breastfeeding. The others have offered a few great websites, I'm just throwing in my vote that you check them out as well. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2010