any suggestions??????

ok my lil bro is 17 he lives with me and our hospital is shitty....the dr cant see him til friday bcz his right ear and his throat hurt plus he is running a fever and laying down but nothing is help him........does anyone have any idea what i can give him that might help him i have no cash on me right now and no ride anywhere and i dont want my 10 1/2 month old to catch whatever he has.plz someone help

samie_01

Asked by samie_01 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• it sounds like an ear infection...I'd say aspirin for the fever and pain, gargle with warm salt water for the throat, try peroxide in his ear and let it sit w/ a cotton ball in it, keep him away from the baby. A good homemade antibiotic is honey and lemon, if you have any, mix them together in a shotglass (about a tablespoon of each) and have him drink it for his throat. We do that when my kids get sore throats, they drink it like 3 times a day and it really helps. Also make sure he drinks lots of water - not pop or anything with caffeine ( I know, getting a teenager to drink water is like REALLY difficult but he needs to stay hydrated.).
    Also for the ear pain - take an old sock, put 1 cup of uncooked rice in it, tie a knot in the end, and pop it into the microwave for a minute or so until it heats up - makes a GREAT cheap heating pad for his ear. My kids love them.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:31 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• NO aspirin!!!! Is there a walkin clinic or urgent care clinic in the area? An emergency room? A Minute Clinic at Walgreens or CVS? There is NO reason to make him suffer until Friday. It will not be a joke when his ear drum bursts. You can try Ibuprofren for the fever and pain, but NOT aspirin.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• i think it sounds like a cold. when you have a cold the sinus pressure makes either one or both ears hurt. all my colds start like that, just saying it's probably nothing
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Motrin/Advil Ibuprophen for pain and fever reducer. I agree with tyfry, go to a nowcare or ER if he is bad, no point in suffering until Friday.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2010