tips for swollen feet?

i've been shopping all day and now come bedtime they're puffy and swollen, any tips. i feel it up to my calves. PREGNANCY SUCKS!

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When my legs/feet did that I was advised to prop up some pillows and put my feet on them. It sucks to have to do that...but it's better for you ...and just think...soon you won't have to worry so much about that while you hold that tiny life in your arms *S*
    truetigress

Answer by truetigress at 5:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• only thing you can do is drink, reduce salts and keep them elevated above your heart. Just had this discussion with my ob :) I am also miserable in this weather and the swelling its causing. Didn't hardly have this issue with my first.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 5:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Fresh Ginger from the produce section. You can either chop it or grate it into a warm bath. The fresh ginger helps keep the blood and fluids flowing, which will help reduce the swelling. Also, keeping your legs elevated. Not just on a step stool, but actually laying down with your legs propped on a couple of pillows. In a recliner with the propped on a couple of pillows will work as well. Just as long as they're elevated above normal sitting position. That will help the blood and fluids flow.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Keep them elevated. Basically impossible to do when you have other children to take care of. Mine have been swelled up for a month now and they hurt like crazy but I can't spend my day lying down and the swelling doesn't go down enough at night to make much of a difference.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My OB said no matter what I do it is still gonna be there so just rest and prop them if I can (I have 4 other children) and try to take housework and things like that paced instead of rushing them. He also suggested I not do long walking such as the mall...
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 6:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2010