are english bulldogs considered bad family pets?

My dad has always wanted one of them ( his friend had one when they were kids) ... and I found one for sale that I wanted to get him for fathers day / his birthday ( monday) ...but the grandkids stay with him alot and they are all little ( and i know that it depends on the dog and the owner, but I would like more info than just that excuse)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, there's A LOT of gas.. but they're really smart dogs and not at all bad for kids. We have an English and a French bulldog and they're both really smart!!! They were both well house-trained by the time they were 6 months old. The English bulldog even understands the word "cat" and she eats her food when we say that word because she's afraid a cat's going to eat it! And we also play hide and seek!!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 5:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• No. They are great pets.
    Awakened1

Answer by Awakened1 at 5:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Bulldogs are a dumb breed, think about it, would you go after a full grown bull? We have an American Bulldog & they are great pets & protectors but dumb as a box of rocks, she ate the side of my house!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2010