He never wants family time!

I am so sick of this marriage and I just want out. All he does is play video games. He never takes time with the kids and every time the kids and I are going somewhere he acts as if he's sick. " My back" " I got a headache" or " My feet hurt" but nothing seems to hurt when he is sitting hours at a time on the damn game. I have heard it all and I'm tired of it. He rarely talks to the kids and you can see that they are crying out for his attention. It really breaks my heart when we are going some where and they always ask "is daddy coming with us". He doesn't show me any attention unless he wants some ass. I keep the kids busy with karate, dance, and baseball. He is not interested in coming to the activities the kids are involved with. I just feel like we are a burden on him. I am starting school this fall so I can get myself together and I then I plan on leaving him. We been married for 8 yrs. and it's just not working. cont...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• cont... I don't know what to do. Is it better for the kids if we stay or leave? How can he be around his kids but not want anything to do with them and it's men out there who would love to be around their kids but can't? I just can't take this anymore. Our marriage is boring and I dont see him changing. this has been going on for a few yrs now.
    Anonymous

• Take care of yourself only you can know how much more you can take. It sounds like your already ahead and making up your own mind. GL Momma.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Leave & on your way out the door set the video game console on fire! I'm about to & stay to see the results! Get off your fucking lazy ass & be a father you stupid fuck!
    Anonymous

• There is a saying and I may not be wording it right, but, I hope I get the message across. Everyone is "responsible" for their own happiness. Everyone is "responsible" for what they have...in other words...don't count on one person to make your dreams come true or your happiness. Look really deeply into your heart before you do anything. Meaning...getting help, talking to a lawyer, do you still love him, does he still love you...etc...It won't be easy. NOTHING is. Wish you and your children the best of luck....
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Talk to him. See if he changes. If he doesnt, you know in your head and heart what to do. But give him one last chance...and then make your new path with the kids. The kids will be happier too when you are happy with your life. Something I too learned the hard way.
    kateyez2214

Answer by kateyez2214 at 4:30 AM on Jun. 20, 2010