bad housewife who needs help.

I feel so terrible because my house is dirty - everyday.

Everyday I clean alot... but it is almost always just in the living room and kitchen and then a load a laundry ( when i remember). I forget to do the little things like the windows, dusting, and cleaning out the cracks and crannies of things... and therefore everything looks dirty.

I actually found mold in a few places and my bathroom smell badly .things are picked up but it is just the other things, like the deep cleaning that I cannot get the hang of. I use to love cleaning but now it just seems like such a hard chore that never ends at all ... I have tried making notes, I have tried taking things one day at a time ( like the bathroom one day, the bedroom the next) ... but I cant because the living room and kitchen NEED to be cleaned everyday and by the time I get those done the day is over with

PLEASE HELP ME !!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Why don't you get off cafemom and clean your bathroom and the "cracks and crannys". Im not trying to be mean but sometimes you have to DO IT!
    Anonymous

• I'm right there with ya! My mom was a terrible house keeper so I've been learning as I go my whole adult life. I will start cleaning one room then get distracted by little things and before I know it it's time to cook dinner and nothing is clean or organized. There is a website called FlyLady.com that is a huge help for women like us. I used the site until I had the second baby, now I have a 3rd kid and just find taking care of the kids being an all day task. Check out that site and see if it helps you any. I'll be checking back to see if you get some great advice because I could use it too!
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• OP HERE

at this very moment I am not home --- that is why I am not cleaning it.

and i meant it as I do clean it sometimes and it seems like the very next day it is filthy again and I just dont have enough time to do it everyday plus everything else that has to be done.
    Anonymous

• Stick to your list and don't stop cleaning until youre done. Once, i  get started cleaning i always think to myself..might as well do everything else now.

Anonymous

• Anon, you don't understand. It's not about not finding the time. It's about getting really distracted. It's about working on the house for hours, but things don't look like you did. It's a form of OCD. And it is a challenge.
    Anonymous

• I get what you are saying. Your house would probably look clean to any person who steps in the door, but its the little things that you just obsess and obsess over and it makes your house look disgusting to you because YOU know its there. I TOTALLY understand. I spend a lot of time cleaning the basics, like laundry, dishes, picking up, vacuuming, straightening kids rooms, straightening the bathrooms, doing all the general stuff it's just hard to squeeze in that extra 2-3 hours to clean windows, dust everything top to bottom, clean every inch of the bathrooms, etc. I know how you feel. What I do is I take one day a week where I make myself do those things, I plan a very simple dinner, still homemade, but simple, and DH or the kids can clean up the kitchen afterward, where I can finish doing those little things.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Haha I feel u. I clean for hours and when I think I've made a dent it doesn't look like it. I'm just can't believe after all that time it till doesn't sem Luke much. Lol it's frustrating and gets intimidating after time passes. Just do what u can I guess
    Anonymous

• The only way it is going to get done is if you choose your battles. The living room doesn't need to be cleaned everyday, just like the bathroom doesn't need to be cleaned everyday. Clean the bathroom Monday, the living room Tuesday, etc. The more you realize that not everything has to be done the same day the more you'll actually get done. Plus, your SO (if you have one) can help out as well. Kids over a certain age can help out as well. You don't have to do all the cleaning by yourself. Just take a moment and make out a list on a calander. Mark what chores get done which days. Again, choose your battles. If you skip living room cleaning on Tuesday you can clean the bathroom. If you skip deep scrubbing the kitchen on Thursday you can dust and vacuum. If you skip bathroom on Friday you can do the laundry.

The cool thing about laundry is it can be done in between other chores.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My livingroom does have to be cleaned daily because the kids bring stuff in, DH brings stuff in, the end table has to be wiped down because it's very dusty here, the floor has to be vacuumed, it's the place where people spend the most time when they are in my home so yes it does have to be cleaned daily for me because if someone knocks on my door, i want to be able to invite them in lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• http://www.flylady.net/

Try this website, spend alot of time here. It's great, I really liked it and found it very helpful.
    Anonymous