Does anyone else have someone like this in their lives?

I have an aunt who I only see like twice a month ( compared to my others who I see atleast twice a week) ... anyways I have always felt "insecure" about my life when compared to hers and she is sure to make sure I feel that way too. She is attractive, has 3 beautiful kids ( I have two and am unable to have anymore..but I have always wanted 3), a beautiful house, and a husband who takes her on nice vacations.

Well I recently discovered that all of this time I had nothing to feel bad about, I actually did compare our lives and realized I am far better off than she is. She has the 3 kids but her oldest one ( who is my age) is basically a loser ( has a good job but uses all his money for drinking with underage girls) and basically causes all kinds of problems, her youngest isnt even her husbands son and her husband has another son his age with another woman ( which also explains their "great marriage", * continued*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• She has a new big beautiful house that I was so envious of compared to my old tiny one... but after seeing it I realized it isnt nice inside at all and she always talks about how much she loves the way I have decorated mine....

Maybe it is just the mood I am in that made me write this but I will no longer let a person make me feel as bad as she has...especially if I actually look at our lives and see that mine is great
    Anonymous

• Feel better? Lol :)
    Anonymous

• All people have "cracks" in their lives if you look close enough. But I sort of think it's petty to look, so I don't
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• OP HERE

lol yeah ... I guess I really just wanted to vent that out but I had to make it into a question lol
    Anonymous

• Lol yeah I know what you mean
    Anonymous

• The grass always seems greener on the other side. You don't need to compare you life to anyone else's. Just take a look at yours, and all of the blessings you have. Just keep that view, everyone is blessed in a different way.
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Stop comparing.
    Anonymous

• The grass may be greener on the otherside, but you can bet the water bill is higher too. In your case you see she pays a high price for what she has. Three children but one that's a knuckle head and one that's illegitimate on his part and hers...

Nah...your grass is good, lol. Everyone has to vent sometimes. Hope you have a better outlook on things now :)
    Camey82

Answer by Camey82 at 8:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Your problem is that you compare and everyone is blessed with different things, and that grass is not always greener on the other side, but venting is always good!

Answer by older at 8:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• You'll never be truly happy if you're comparing yourself to others. Life isn't all about being better than everyone else. Sure, there are people that have more than I do, but there are even more people who have way less than I do. I'm grateful for what I do have, and that keep me from being jealous of anyone.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2010