OH NO ! what do we do ?

My husband just lost his job, I am pregnant with twins and on bedrest with 2 other little ones...... We found out about unemployment and we will only have enough for our house and 1 car payment... we have some saved up but that will be gone by the end of next month

not to mention that we cant afford our insurance anymore...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wish I had an answer for you but ill say a prayer for you! GL hun!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• PRAY.....
    Anonymous

• he better start looking for another job quick!
    Anonymous

• Apply for aid? You should be able to get pregnancy medicade to cover your pregnancy expenses at least? Food stamps, welfare, whatever it takes to keep a roof over your head.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 6:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• You are in the perfect situation to apply for emergency aid... go in with your husband, if you can, call first since you are on bed rest and see what they can do to help your situation.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• There are many things you can do for temporary help with things like groceries and such. Apply for WIC immediately, you will qualify and so will your babies when they are born, that will save you A LOT of money. Apply for food stamps and cash assistance ASAP, you might look into selling whichever car (I am assuming you have 2) that you can get the most for. Also, I don' t know where you live but you can look at angel food ministries website and you can get boxes of food for pretty cheap through them. You do still pay for it, but its like boxes of meat, produce, etc at discount prices. You don't have to qualify or anything, anyone can buy it, and its still good quality stuff like its not past its expiration or anything. Normally from what I hear the produce is actually really fresh and good. Good luck, wish I could help you more!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Your situation is exactly what government programs are for. Call first, set up whatever appts you need and then apply for whatever you can. Hopefully your husband will find a good job soon and you will all be back on your feet (well, not you, YOU need to rest while you can!) Good luck Mama!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Aqua_Jen is 100% right!
    Anonymous

• Ask for help! I know in my area there is a list at the WIC center of different churches and organizations that will help with utilities and food to keep you afloat. Check at the Health Department, WIC office, local churches. Try not to stress yourself out too much. Just encourage him to keep looking and take care of you and your babies the best you can!
    kateyez2214

Answer by kateyez2214 at 4:15 AM on Jun. 20, 2010